What is an Internet Sales Funnel?
An Internet marketing funnel is a marketing strategy whereby you are constantly funnelling new leads into your business, in the hopes of developing a sale and relationship with the user. A marketing funnel is often seen as an upside down pyramid. As in the image below.
Breaking it down
There's a number of elements involved in setting up an internet sales funnel. Lets take a look at what these are.
- An offer either a product or service for your customers or audience.
- A landing page or squeeze page that directs people to give their name and email in return for something valuable, this can be a free or low cost digital product.
- A lead capture and email follow up program, there are many good ones on the market and yes most do charge a monthly fee, there are free services that you can use but be careful what you choose as not all of the free softwares are OK with promoting “affiliate programs” my recommendation is Aweber.
- Next you need a strategy on how to promote the landing page to your target audience. This is known as Traffic Generation, there's a number of strategies that you can implement. When starting out I would not recommend spending too much on paid advertising. Paid platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Solo ads, Google ads, Bing and even LinkedIn. Free methods include social media, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook Groups, Google+ & Twitter.
- When you start to generate prospects into the funnel via the lead capture landing page you need to provide them with the free digital product or service. Whatever you offer you can deliver in the first email sent. You should have a number of emails in your autoresponder in order to follow up with these new prospects. Now depending on how targeted your promotions or paid ads were you could be generating red hot qualified leads. These leads will buy your products or services after seeing one or two emails. The follow up sequence should be at least 10 days and better still 30 days.
FREE Traffic Training Workshop
Now if you are looking for a step by step training on traffic generation, I can highly recommend this FREE Traffic Workshop, you can register for NOW by clicking on the banner below.
About the Author
Owner Manager of Student Rentals and Property Management Business for 10 years. Moved away from my home town of Sunderland 2015 to be with my partner Paul in York. Started an Amazon Prime Seller Account. Went out to Spain in April 2016 to oversee the work on our new Spanish home, and decided to sell out of Property Management and start over as a Digital Entrepreneur.